Quantitative Aspects of Traffic
How to Reduce Congestion I: Optimal Speed Limit for Urban Traffic
How a mean-field model predicts the most fluid traffic flow on urban streets if the speed limit is 30km/h. And what real-world observation has to say about that.
A comparative analysis of travel times in Milan
Bicycle versus car versus public transportation: who is the winner at different times and on different routes in the city?
Surprise: also Bergamo - Milano and Magenta - Milano are faster by public transport than by car (and significantly cheaper).
- The War on Cars: podcast
- Not Just Bikes: youtube channel
- r/fuckcars/: discuss overcoming car dependency
- Genitori Antismog: parents against dangerous smog in Milan
- Cittadini per l'aria: citizens for safe air in Milan
- Massa marmocchi Milano: bicycle bus to schools in Milan
- Clean Cities: coalition to build cities for people not cars
- Benzina zero: Italian blog
- FIAB Milano Ciclobby: Italian cyclists association, section Milan
- XKCD 2832: Urban Planning Opinion Progression
- Città delle persone: Sign the public letter
- brouter: bicycle route planning (click on "Layers" in upper right corner and select "CyclOSM")
- Sai che puoi? Citizens' association in Milan
- Gruppo WhatsApp #bastamortiinstrada: news channel about demonstrations and events in Milan for a safer city
Embrace the cycling revolution and never miss the thrill of whizzing past endless lines of frustrated car commuters. Don't be left behind in traffic jams – soar ahead on your bike, arrive swiftly, park effortlessly, and savor the joy of being home while others are still stuck in the rush.
- Jessie Singer - There Are No Accidents
- Mikael Colville-Andersen - Copenhagenize: The Definitive Guide to Global Bicycle Urbanism
- Grant Ennis - Dark PR: How corporate disinformation harms our health and the environment
- Edward Abbey - The Monkey Wrench Gang